Todd Edgar has over 28 years’ experience in financial markets. He has spent the last 2 years as CIO of Atreaus Family, a family office, allocating capital to equities, rates, commodities, FX, crypto and real estate. Prior to that, he spent 9 years as Founder of Atreaus Capital, a global macro hedge fund with a peak AUM of over $3bn. He also served as Global Head of Macro Proprietary at Barclays Capital and before that as Global Head of the Commodities and FX Proprietary Trading at JPMorgan. Todd has also been a Portfolio Manager at Tudor Investment Corp. He graduated from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, and currently lives on Long Island, NY. In this podcast we discuss:
- Challenges of running a hedge fund
- How have markets changed since the global financial crisis (2008)
- Approach to investing
- Reasons for being long China bonds
- PBoC the new Bundesbank
- Are commodities in a new supercycle?
- How to think about inflation
- Views on crypto markets
- How to avoid losses impacting your future performance
- Advice from Paul Tudor Jones
- Book that influenced Todd: Market Wizards (Schwager) and Trading in the Zone (Douglas)
If you would like to be added to Todd’s mailing list, contact us here.
(The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation, or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.)