This episode is sponsored by Masterworks.
James Aitken is the Founder and Managing Partner of Aitken Advisors, a research boutique for institutional investors which he started in 2009. Before that, James worked for UBS, AIG, JPMorgan and Macqaurie. In this podcast, we discuss:
- The real meaning of macro investing.
- The market has right tails as well as left tails.
- How to view recent rates market volatility.
- Why would Fed do yield curve control?
- Biden and the finance sector.
- How to hedge your portfolio.
- The importance of stock vigilantes.
- The different channels of inflation.
- The unexpected impact of US fiscal on wages.
- Books that influenced James: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Doyle), Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes (Konnikova), Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders (Schwager), A Man for All Markets: Beating the Odds, from Las Vegas to Wall Street (Thorpe), An Engine, Not a Camera: How Financial Models Shape Markets (Mackenzie)
If you would like to learn more about James advisory service, you can email him here.
You can access the full transcript here.
Make sure to subscribe to the show on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you go for your podcasts. You can follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.