Macro Hive Conversations With Bilal Hafeez
Ep. 36: Gary Gerstle On Trump Not Conceding, Democrat Failure And The Upcoming Test Of The US Political System.
You can listen to the podcast on Apple or on Spotify.
The US election did not see the Democrat wave that many had expected, so I have US Presidential history expert of Cambridge University, Gary Gerstle, return to our podcast show. He gives his take on all things US elections and beyond. In this podcast we discuss:
- The parallel Presidencies of 1876
- The current risks of unrest if the results are not certified soon
- What pollsters missed
- Were the Democrats too left or not left enough?
- How will Biden manage the left and a Republican Senate ahead of 2022 midterms
- The return of state rights over central government
- How a divided congress shifts power to the President and the Supreme Court
- The profound importance of the Republicans winning State legislatures
- Thoughts on a Georgia Senate run-off
You can find Gary’s latest books here: Liberty and Coercion and American Crucible. You can follow Gary on twitter and see his work on his homepage.
Make sure to subscribe to the show on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you go for your podcasts. You can follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.