In this episode, I talk with John Llewellyn. John is the co-founder of Llewellyn Consulting – a leading independent economic advisory firm. Before setting up the firm in 2009, John had various research roles including being the Global Chief Economist at Lehman Brothers, Head of International Forecasting and Policy Analysis at the OECD and teaching at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Cambridge.
In this podcast, we discuss:
1. Forget talks of V-, W-shaped recoveries, it will take years to return to pre-COVID output
2. COVID adds to challenges of adapting to Fourth Industrial Revolution
3. Why haven’t real wages risen?
4. Are we mismeasuring growth, investment and productivity?
5. Why inflation won’t rise meaningfully
6. The pros and cons of MMT
7. The surprisingly good EU budget/recovery fund
8. Germany’s U-turn on frugality
9. The transition challenges of Brexit
10. China’s pressure cooker and India’s steady release
11. Climate change – a 5-degree temperature increase changes everything
(The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation, or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.)
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.