Macro Hive Conversations With Bilal Hafeez
Ep. 9: Juliette Declercq On Why Equities Are Not Overvalued
In this episode, I talk markets with Juliette Declercq. She’s a leading macro strategist and runs JDI research. She has close to twenty years market experience, including stints at J.P Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Stone Milliner.
On the podcast, we discuss:
1. Why past recessions are not a guide to the COVID crisis
2. Why P/E ratios are a poor guide to equity valuation
3. Not putting too much weight on weak employment data
4. Why Euro-area break-up trades are not attractive
5. Her view on the dollar and euro
6. The prospects of inflation.
Juliette gives a refreshing and original take on markets, so make sure to listen till the end. You can find her chart reference below and reach her at email@example.com.
*Referenced to at the 11th minute in the podcast
For access to our Slack Chat Room, where we discuss all things markets with our researchers and subscribers